Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Transformation Drawing

Stage 1



















Stage 2


Stage 3


Stage 4


Stage 5


Stage 6


Artist Statement
As an artist I try to find colors and shapes or patterns that are meaningful to me. The red and yellow colors in the first stage reminded me of the earth, this representation continued throughout the rest of the stages in this piece. For the next stage I added a circular pattern, the shape of the earth. For the third stage I continued with a circular pattern, yet turned the red earth green. For the fourth stage I represented the sky by painting the canvas white, and added orange to represent the sun and blue to represent the sky. For the fifth stage I represented the ocean with blue water and metallic waves. In the final stage I showed the combination of the elements of the earth by braiding together the strips of layered paper. The braid also represents that the elements of the earth are all dependent upon each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment